Forklift forks will start to get worn the after the first use. If you often use your lift truck, then it’s a very, very good idea to regularly inspect the forks. Here are a few things to look for while inspecting the forks:
- The thickness of the fork blade should match the thickness of the back of the fork.
- The heel of the fork must be checked for cracks.
- There should be no differentiating height of the fork tips.
- You must be able to read the factory markings of the forks.
- The hooks of the forks must be checked for any deformations.
If a problem occurs with any of these inspections, the forks must be replaced. Call your local CFE branch (800) CFE-LIFT and we will be happy to find you a replacement pair for any kind of lift and/or job.